|As the newsletter market becomes increasingly more competitive, it’s important to follow several key steps in your pursuit of potential advertisers. Simple steps such as providing basic information and practicing timely follow-up can contribute to the success of your overall advertising revenue.Follow these tips to quickly boost your advertising revenues.1. Contact Information – Always place contact information toward bottom of your emails and articles. Include Company Name, Contact Name, Tel, URL, Email, Fax, and Address. Buyers prefer to purchase ad space from companies and individuals that are easy to contact and have a physical location. List an email address for purchasing advertising (Ex.advertise@TheAdStop.com).2. Target market – List your target market and demographics. If you have not yet performed a survey of your subscribers, then list your perceived target market. To gain actual demographics, email your subscribers a simple survey. This allows you to not only learn about your subscribers, but will also aid in efforts to increase subscriber base. A survey will also help you to develop editorial content geared towards your readers main concerns or interests.
3. Subscriber Numbers – Numbers are important when considering an ad purchase. Don’t hesitate to list the number of subscribers to your newsletter as well as the average monthly percentage of growth rate.
4. Follow Up – This may be one of the most valuable steps in increasing advertising revenue. After a sale, be sure to communicate with your advertiser. It’s a lot easier to re-sell ad space than find a new ad buyer. If the advertising run is a one-issue purchase, email the advertiser the day before the newsletter goes out to remind the advertiser when it’s scheduled to run.
Then telephone or email the advertiser after the ad run to learn of the effectiveness. If the advertiser is happy, resell them on the spot for a longer term. If the advertiser was unhappy with the results, ask “why” and then encourage them to buy another advertisement at a discounted rate. If the advertiser decides to purchase another run, be sure they make changes their ad copy. The effectiveness of the ad often depends on the ad copy itself.
If Advertisement is run for multiple months or issues, email the advertiser weekly asking their feedback. Telephone your advertiser once per month. Also, you should always email the advertiser to inform them of an approaching renewal time and attempt to renew their run. If there is no answer, call two or three days later and try to sell over phone.
5. URL Tracking – Have advertisers create a tracking URL to verify advertising was included and allowing analysis of the gains achieved from ad placement.
6. Credit Cards – Allow advertisers to purchase ad space with credit cards. It is inexpensive and presents a very professional organization. Better yet, it is easier to re-sell as the advertiser only needs to say YES. The easier you make it to buy the more sales you’ll make.
7. Partnerships – Increase the size of your advertising offerings by partnering advertising sales with similar newsletters and Ezines. Partnering allows you and partners to collectively sell advertising space. The larger subscriber base will attract larger advertising buyers. Provide a 15% commission to the selling party, which could be you or your partner(s). This works well for newsletters with under 10,000 subscribers.
8. Ad Networks – List your ad offerings with one or more Ad Networks. Gain a professional sales force with extensive resources to sell your space. Realize, you will earn less per subscriber, but you will most likely sell-out your advertising space. This also allows you to concentrate on marketing and content which is usually the main interest. Also, many Ad Networks do not require exclusives, so you can continue to sell your own space with an assurance that advertising sales will occur for every issue.
What does it mean when people talk aboutSearch Engine Optimization (SEO) and Marketing (SEM) Articles, What are we to learn when we try to follow any tutorials,or tips on optimizing your Web site content for search engines.
Optimizing your anchor link text, link building campaigns, search directory submissions, writing with keywords, common SEO mistakes and how to avoid them, and more.
If you read some of the web content it seems mechanical or stiff, this may be a sure sign that an amateur writer has had his/her hands in things. they simply force fit keywords into copy without any concern for how the copy flows.
I would say that SEO copywriting has begun to get a poor reputation all due to carelessness and no repect for true information and how it should be presented.
When you write SEO copy, you should take the time to find out what works and what doesn’t. There are two mistakes almost every amateur search engine copywriter makes. Let’s take a look at each one.
Lets talk about the the List website or maybe we should say the home page of a website that sells beauty supplies. As you read the copy, you keep coming across a string of items: hair salon supplies, hair salon equipment and professional manicure tables.
The copy reads something like this:
The Best Selection of Hair Salon Supplies, Hair Salon Equipment and
Professional Manicure Tables On the Internet. There is no explaination. No attempt to inform the public of the product it is selling all you have is a list and thats that.
When you’re shopping for hair salon supplies, hair salon equipment and professional manicure tables, you need a vendor who offers a great selection as well as great service.
Because buying hair salon supplies, hair salon equipment and professional manicure tables can be an expensive venture, you
also want a company that delivers the lowest price.
You must learn to make keywords part of meaningful sentence You need to see how it flows.When you use all your keyphrases in a row every single time?
That may be fine fro the first time. Even maybe the second time may be OK under certain circimstances. But to put all your keyphrases in a list and use them every time you have the smallest opportunity is just far too repetitive.
What you need to do instead is describe each item in its own section. Talk about the various types of hair salon supplies. Review the reasons your hair salon equipment is better than that sold by others.
Or even list the features and benefits of the line of manicure tables you offer. Without giving any details you will be driving away potential buyers.
Substituting Keywords for Generic Terms is another way keywords are added. This technique is perfectly fine IF you use it in moderation.
However, to replace every instance of a generic term with a keyphrase will cause your copy to sound downright silly.If you walked into a Web design company’s office and the employees began to talk like the way the copy is written.
You would be convinced that they have all gone mad! So why in the world would you write your site copy that way? The reason is because most amateurs mistakenly think they can’t write for both the search engines and the site visitors.
I’m delighted to say they are wrong! You can most certainly write for both with great success. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Marketing (SEM) articles, can offer you insightful help if you know where to look.
These are not all the mistakes. I wish they were! But most of the mistakes made by amateur writers can be fixed using one simple test. Read it out loud.
If the copy sounds ridiculous to you when you read it out loud, it is going to sound equally ridiculous to a site visitor.
Also you need to learn how to submit to search engines, rank high, learn optimization strategies – the fast, easy way from a top SEO, SEM expert.
We’re all pretty aware these days that having links from quality sites
pointing into your own site is a very important factor in gaining good
rankings on some of the major engines.
Hope this helps